Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 7, 8, 9 & 10 ~ 30 Days of Me

Day 7 ~ A picture of someone that has the biggest impact on you

This one is not hard at all. Olivia has become my end all ~ be all. Becoming a mother is nothing like I expected it to be. It is hard, exhausting, messy and down-right frustrating. But there is also joy, pride, adventures, creativity and love. Love beyond words, joy beyond words. When she smiles or laughs it makes all the mess and all the craziness melt away. Nothing matters in the world except her.

Olivia makes me want to be a better person. For her sake and for mine. I want her to have every advantage possible. I want her to be confident and strong, yet compassionate and gentle. I hope she can learn those things from me. I hope I can show her how to be a good friend, mother and wife.


Day 8 ~ Short term goals for this month

My goals this month are to finish some projects. I can't believe November is finished! Where in the world has time gone?!? I am behind on my bee and my swap. I feel so lame!!! I want to finish up some quilting projects that have been put on the back burner way too long! I want to work on fun ideas that are floating in my head.

Day 9 ~ Something you are proud of in the past few days

I started an Etsy store. There isn't anything for sale... but the store has been set up. I made my own banner (very proud of that!) and avatar thingy. I have spent a lot of time thinking about a opening a store, a lot of encouragement from friends, but I never had the faith in myself. I am stepping out onto that ledge and putting myself and my work out there. Worst thing that could happen... no one would buy anything. It really isn't that bad. Maybe a little burst in my already fragile crafting ego, but hey, that just means I will give it all to family who will say they love it even if they don't :) Now to finish the projects and get them in the store!

Day 10 ~ Songs you listen to when you are happy, sad, bored, hyped, mad

I have to say that I love music, but have never been good with artist names or song titles. I like a wide variety of music all the time. I like listening to songs that I know the words to. I love to sing out loud... very loud!

So I've caught up on a few days... with Thanksgiving and being sick I have not had the time or energy to even think about blogging. We have Christmas decorations up and getting back into our routine!

2 comments:

SewSara said...

YOur little Olivia is a doll! No wonder you liked that minky blanket :)

I'm going to do a tutorial about the lettering soon ... i promise! :)

Photography said...

Gorgeous girl! Have you managed to send your softie off yet? It hasn't been received - thanks if you could let me know :-)