Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 4 ~ 30 Days of Me

So I obviously took the last few days off of the 30 day challenge. I gave you fair warning there would be some days missed ;)

Day 04- A habit that you wish you didn’t have

There are quite a few habits I wish I didn't have... I could probably have a post like day 1 with a list of 15, but for times sake and saving myself from lots of embarrassment I will choose the habit that I worked on the most this weekend, which is part of the reason for my absence from blog land. (Holy crap that is a long run on sentence!)

The habit I wish I didn't have is my lack of organization/borderline hoarding. For example, I have a habit of just shoving papers in the 3rd drawer in the kitchen with the intent to one day filing them, but the drawer is now busting at the seams. I also spent about 6 hours, with the help of Victoria, cleaning out and organizing my closet. It was quite embarrassing to say the least! After 7 bags to Goodwill and 2/3 of the outside trashcan full I now have a very clean, very organized closet. We also put out some of my wedding pictures that have been framed for years and have never been displayed. Our bedroom now looks somewhat lived in, instead of just a room with a bed and some dirty clothes on the floor.

I have made a commitment to myself to try to continue to de-clutter and simplify.

Simplicity goes a long way!

No comments: