Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 6 ~ 30 Days of Me

Day 06- Favorite super hero and why  Memorable Childhood Memory

I was never much of a super hero fan. So I'm going to digress a little. One of my favorite childhood memories was ridding in the car and singing to Raffi. I think that is where my love for singing out loud started! My mom had an old blue Buick that always seemed to have the Raffi tape in. I can remember very vividly the day the tape jammed in the player and my mom pronounced that our tape couldn't be played anymore. I don't think I've ever worn out a tape like that. I must have only been 5 or 6. I've often mentioned it to Steve while we are in the car and I sing to Olivia. I bought her a kids CD and Steve thinks it is so annoying. It's little kids singing and talking and for some reason he just can't stand it.

Today I was reading Marta Writes (if you don't follow her blog you need to! She is a fabulous lady!) and she mentioned that they are listening to Raffi's Christmas CD. Of course I immediately jump on google to see if I can find what tape my mom had. (Why did I not do this sooner?!?!) I find his website and start looking through his CD list to find 'the one'. I start with the the 1989 album. I was born in '85 so I figured it would be a good place to start. As I go down the list looking through them all I'm starting to get discouraged... none of them are the one from my childhood! I get to the very last album 'Singable Songs For The Very Young - 1976' As soon as the list came up I'm looking at it remembering songs I forgot I even knew!

1.The More We Get Together
2.Down By The Bay
3.Brush Your Teeth
4.Robin In The Rain
5.Five Little Frogs
6.I Wonder If I’m Growing
7.Aikendrum
8.Bumping Up And Down
9.Must Be Santa Listen
10.Wiloughby Wallaby Woo
11.Spider On The Floor
12.Baa Baa Black Sheep
13.Going To The Zoo
14.My Dreydel
15.Peanut Butter Sandwich
16.Five Little Pumpkins
17.The Sharing Song
18.Mr. Sun
19.Old MacDonald Had A Band

I can not wait to get this CD in and start singing with Olivia! I'm sure we will create very happy memories!!!

1 comment:

Photography said...

Childhood memories are so important :o) Have fun singing away!