Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

I couldn't resist a Valentine post. I'm a sucker for the holiday. I, like most, agree that love should be shared and shown everyday but I love all the pink and hearts!

Steve and I pretty much have an agreement that there is to be no stress due to this holiday. There shouldn't be lots of money spent, especially on flowers and it should be fun.

Steve will normally stop by the wholesale flower shop and pick up some flowers on his way home. If you are looking for beautiful flowers at a very reasonable price I would highly recommend going to a wholesale flower shop that is open to the public... if there is one available near you. Many times I have stopped in and just picked something I liked out of the cold storage just to spruce up the house. I will call Steve and tell him he is such a good husband to buy me flowers. It's a silly little joke between us.

Anyways... He always says Valentine's Day is for the woman and I shouldn't get him anything. And sometimes I don't because it is so hard to shop for a man!

This year I didn't listen to him and have a few plans up my sleeve.

I surprised him at work with a Frappuchino from Starbucks because Starbucks = Love. (at least for us it does)

Mocha Frappuccino® Blended Coffee

(I also treated myself to one!)
Courtesy of Groupon I also got us two 90-min massages for 50% off! Let me tell you this was not planned at all, but I am so excited about it!

I will also be making heartshapped ravolies with homemade marinara sauce for dinner.

For desert I got Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Yum!



I treated myself to a spicy chicken salad from the Thai restaurant around the corner and also 'splurged' on a copy of Martha Stewart Living magazine. Happy Valentine's Day to me!!! After all, we need to show some love to ourselves :)



Do you celebrate Valentine's day? Do you go all out or keep it simple?

Am I the only one who buys myself Valentine's gifts?

3 comments:

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Haha, Starbucks=Love to us also! We got Starbucks this morning! We didn't do any other gifts, but we are going out of town this weekend to Pismo for our valentines/anniversary gift to ourselves :)

Photography said...

Oh Lovely!! You should link up :-)
http://theclipcafeblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/relive-romance-challenge.html