Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Machine Quilting

Here is a quick video of me machine quilting taken by my mother-in-law. Sometimes I think she is my number one fan! She grabbed her phone and said she needed to video me so I could post it on my blog. I think that is so sweet. I don't think she even reads my blog... but she knows that it's important to me and points out opportunities she thinks will be a good post.

Edit: Katy does read my blog. See she is my #1 fan!
I am quilting my Swing Patch quilt using her Bernina. This is the first time her machine was used on the frame and she thought it would be a good idea for me to do the first test run on a quilt I made rather than one of her quilts. Isn't that just so thoughtful of her ;) She can be very sneaky like that.

The frame is very low which is why I'm so hunched over. She is quite a bit shorter than I am.

I am quilting an all over flower pattern. Towards the end you can kind of see me make the circle of the center and a few pedals before the video ends.

I had some 'hiccups' with her machine. Come to find out it needed to be serviced. Shortly after the video was taken I brought my Juki over and finished the quilt with it. Her Bernina is a very nice machine, but it might be a little too much technology for my taste. I like my simple Juki. I suppose you love what you have and are used to.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Amazing! We were wondering how all of those fun swirls got on all of my pretty quilts :)