Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Am I becoming a 'real' blogger?!?!

***Warning: This post is a lot of rambling!



Last night I laid in bed thinking about whether or not I should continue to try to blog. As my mind was wondering aimlessly I kept going to back to how lucky I was. I was lying in my warm bed, under a handmade quilt with the dog curled at my feet and I was safely tucked into the arm of my best friend. I named my blog ‘Our Blessed Life’ because that’s what I have, a very blessed life. These are moments I want to remember. These are the moments I want to share. This is an outlet for me. My blog is ultimately for me! There was my answer. Staring me in the face. YES I should continue to blog. Because I enjoy it. Because it’s not about how many followers I have or how many times my site is viewed. knowing that people read what I say and leave comments does make my day! What can I say I'm not perfect :) It’s about my ups and downs and being able to look back and see where I’ve come from and a glimpse of where I’m going.


My postings so far have been pretty random and sporadic. Words have never ‘flowed’ easily for me. I tend to have a hard time finding the right words. I have been blog stalking following for a while now. This has been both good and bad for me. I find a ton of inspiration for crafting, organizing, decorating, parenting and life in general but at the same time I have the little voice in my head telling me that I will never be as crafty, organized or interesting as the woman I’m reading about. I am going to stop listening to that voice and let my true self show through my blog. I didn’t start this blog to impress or even inspire for that matter. So here it goes, one of my resolutions is to stop being blog envious and intimidated. I may never be as ‘good’ as other bloggers, but I want to be the true me.


I recently read in a post that her life isn’t perfect. Her house is messy, her kids are wild and she isn’t always the best mom, but her blog is a place where she can be clean, organized and pretty. Her blog is her sanctuary. I wish I would have saved the post but I didn’t so of course I am paraphrasing and this is just what I took from what she said. So if you are the one who wrote this blog post, I would love to quote you correctly so leave a comment! I think these are words to live blog by!



So for now I’m here to stay. I will blog what I want, when want. I won’t not blog because I feel it won’t be as inspiring or interesting as another blog. If you finished this long drawn out blog, I thank you for sticking in there with me. If you didn’t and skipped to the end I don’t blame you, I probably would have done the same thing! :)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Good! I think it is so easy to feel intimidated by some of the bloggers out there, they are really amazing- and I often have to remind myself why I started blogging! We follow you because we like YOU :)

Chism Classics said...

I love that you are going to keep blogging! If not for you do it for your daughter and future children! Thank you for stopping by my blog and following! I will need your email address for when it is set back to private please! You can email it to me at chism@hughes.net I think we have a lot in common when it comes to our blogs. I know that there are some personal things on my blog, but just the short time that I wrote the blog "Christ was an example" I can see how I have grown as an individual and as a family with my husband and children. Keep up the blogging!
Shaylene @ www.lanceandshay.blogspot.com

A Time for Stitching said...

Don't give up!! This is YOUR blog!! You can write whatever you want whenever you want!! It's your record/diary and it reminds you of what you want to remember!!
I sometimes used to cringe when I read back what I've blogged about but it doesn't matter - you have to be YOU!! I have to be ME!!
Teresa x

The Clip Cafe said...

Yep your blog is yours and you can BWO (blog without obligation). It's your record of tings and how you felt at the time. Be you xx