Friday, October 1, 2010

Nolan's Quilt

Last weekend we were honored to go to little Nolan's baby shower. Jason and Katey are such a fun loving couple.


Jason and Steve grew up down the street from each other. They have been long time school friends to both of us and we are so happy they continue to be our friends into adulthood! Katey was Olivia's 2nd mom while I worked until she was put on bedrest to keep Nolan safe and happy in her belly until it is time for him to come! I knew when I got the invite to the shower that I had to do something special for them! I struggled with MAJOR creative block. I was sleeping in one Saturday (which is very rare!) and could not go back to sleep because I was having a flood of ideas! I of course had to get out of bed at 7am, dig through my stash and made the adorable little owl. In the end he became worth the few extra hours of sleep.



My goal was to have a very cute yet contemporary baby quilt. I quilted a tree and the background in pebbles. The border is silky. Hopefully little Nolan will spend many cuddling with his quilt!




I loved the way the owl turned out on the back of the quilt!

Back of the quilt.



2 comments:

jednoiglec said...

Simple, but gorgeous! I love the quilting and the owl... is awesome!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Wow, I love the owl, how beautiful! And the way you quilted it? Wow! Gorgeous!